Black Beans are a family favorite when it comes to side dishes. Easy to cook and great to use in Mexican Plates of Food favorites.
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 2 Cups Dried Black Beans
- 1 Ham Hock
- 1 Medium Diced White Onion
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt & Pepper Flakes
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Rinse off dried black beans and separate the broken pcs and clean
- Add to a large pot and cover with water at least 1” above the beans.
- Add ham hock, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, jalapeno pepper.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil for 1 ½ hrs.
- Turn down to medium low and cooked for 5 hours until meat comes off ham hock bone.
- Check every hour in case additional water is needed. Water must stay ½” above beans at all times. If need add water and continue to cook
- After the time is up remove from heat.
- Spoon out beans to a large Frying Pan and turn on high heat.
- Use a masher to smash down beans, and stir until begin to stick on bottom of frying pan.
- Spoon onto plate and top with some shredded cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.