This Salsa recipe is so good I have to jar it up myself during the summer.
- 2 Large Cans of Diced Del Monte Tomatoes
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 1 Habanero Chili Pepper – or 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 Gloves of Garlic
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Limes
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Open cans to tomatoes and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the outer skin of white onion and dice into very small pieces and add to bowl. Take Cilantro rinse with water and remove the leaves. Bundle them up and chop into very mall pieces add to bowl.
- Cut Avocados in half and remove the seeds skin and cut the meat into small ¼” squares and add to two. Add the seeds to bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir all ingredients.
- Take the Habanero and cut off the steam. Use a paper town and hold down the chili cut the chili in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds. DO NOT TOUCH THE CHILI AFTER CUT WITH HANDS. Cut the chili into strips then into very small pieces and use the knife to put into the bowl.
- Mix. Cut the limes and squeeze the juice into the mixture and stir. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
**If you do not want to use a Habanero you can use 2 Jalapeno Chili Peppers. **
** The seed keeps the avocados from browning in the salsa**
Refrigerate in a sealed container for two weeks.