These easy flaky buttermilk biscuits are a fresh reward for any breakfast, dinner or snack.
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 1 stick of Frozen Butter – grated
- 2 ½ Cups of Self-Rising Flour
- 2 Tsp.Baking Powder
- – 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 475.
- In a mixing bowl add butter, flourToss together with your hands.
- Add the cold buttermilk and mix about 15 stirs. DO NOT OVER KNEAD.
- Dough should be moist and cold.
- Flour a counter top and place biscuit dough on top and sprinkle small amount of flour on the top of the dough.
- Roll out in rectangle and fold in ½ repeat 5 times. Then roll out ½” and cut out with biscuit cutter or you can use a cup.
- Place on cookie sheet side by side.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush melted butter on top of flakey biscuits.
**The Colder the Better!