This hearty potato Soup warms the belly on a cold and raining day. This soup makes the body fill with warmth and love…
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 8 Medium Peeled Russet Potatoes
- 2 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 4 Slices of Applewood Bacon
- ½ Cube Butter
- 4 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup of Colby Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped Chives
- Dice peeled potatoes into ½” squares to cook evenly. Rinse off with cold water and add to a large soup pot. Add water to cover the potatoes and cook until fork tender. Drain off the excess water. Add the potatoes back to the pot.
- In a medium frying pan dice chopped up the bacon and the white onion. Cook down until bacon is almost crispy but not burnt. Add to the Soup pot with potatoes. DO NOT DRAIN FAT. Remove the corn from the cobb and add to the pot.
- Add the butter, milk, heave cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a Medium boil the turn down and cook for 35 minutes until corn is cooked. Stir the soup frequently. If the Soup gets too thick thin with more milk. Add 1 cup of grated Colby cheese to the soup and stir until cheese is smooth. Serve with Shedded Cheese and Chopped Chives on top.