This healthy side dish is easy and will have the family asking for more.
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Small Can of Ortega Green Chili
- 1 Small Diced Zucchini
- 1 Small Diced Tomato
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Queso Fresco Cheese
- Bring water to boil and add rice. Turn down to low and cook until water is almost absorbed.
- Right when water is almost absorbed add the zucchini and tomatoes then add the 2 Tbsp. of water in the pot bring again to boil with lid on the top for additional steam. For 8 Minutes turn off heat set aside to rest.
- Open the green chili and drain off water. Cut into small pieces, Remove the lid from the rice and add the salt and pepper and green chili. Stir all ingredients together.
- Spoon on a plate and sprinkle some Queso Fresco Cheese to the top.