This is the best homemade fudge ever, I always got a special batch for the holidays from my friend Mike.
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Hersey’s Powder
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a medium size pot add all dry ingredients and the milk. Stir and bring to boil over medium high heat on stove.
- Stir until reaches 234 degrees and the fudge does not have a glossy look. It’s about 10 minutes. Stop stirring and let bubble for another 3 minutes.
- Take a cold cup of water and drop a drop in the cup if the fudge gathers in glass the fudge is done. Remove from stove and add the butter and vanilla but do not stir.
- Pour in an 8” x 8” Pan and Chill until set. Cut into small pieces.