This Old Irish family meal is a simple recipe full of love to fill the tummy after a long day’s work.
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- Dough / Pasties
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. Shortening or Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cold water (Ice Cubes in Bowl with Water)
- 1 Handful of Diced Potatoes
- 1 Handful diced (or coarsely-ground) round steak, or small cut of Elk or Deer Meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful diced White Onions
- 1 tbsp. of Butter, cut into two small cubes
- Pre – heat oven to 425 degrees. prepare dough, roll out into a flat circle at least 8 inches across. Add fillings and fold over. Seal and seal ends with Fork. Then cut slits in the top of Dough. Bake on a cookie sheet for 45 minutes.
*Serve Plain or with Gravy. Freeze in Freezer Bags up to 6 months.