Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 Large Lemons
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Corn Starch
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Water
- Juice from Lemons
- Rind’s from Lemons
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375 and bake your pie crust. In a large pan add your sugar and cornstarch. Make sure to mix well. Set aside.
- Rinse off your Lemons and grade the rinds from the lemons with is the outside add to your pan. Cut the Lemons in half and squeeze all the juice from both Lemons make sure to remove the seeds then add to the pot. Add the water and mix well.
- Separate the Eggs from whites. Scramble the yokes and add to the mixture in the pan and turn on the heat and make sure to stir. Stir until the mixture is thick and remove from heat to rest.
- Remove the Pie Crust from the Oven and set aside.
- In the mean time add all the 4 egg whites to a mixture and beat until form peaks. Add 1 tbs of sure at a time and mix well. Add the Cream of Tartar and Vanilla and mix well. With your pie crust, pour the lemon custard into the pie crust and top the Meringue on the top. Place in oven for about 5 Minutes check to make sure brown. Remove and set to cool. Serve.
*** You do not need to use Meringue you can use Cool Whip ***