Nothing like serving your family a warm bowl of beef stew while camping.
Credit: Rimmer’s Red Barn
- 1 lbs. of cut of beef stew meat
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 Cup of Small Carrots cut in half
- 4 Cups of water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Worchester Sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- Drizzle some oil in the Dutch oven on over your campfire. Add the meat and onion and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice your spuds add them to the pot. Add the diced up carrots. Add your water and stir. Make sure the water covers the top of the meat and spuds.
- Cover with lid and bring to bowl, check 20 minutes and if need more water add. Then add Worchester sauce and stir. In a small bowl add the flour and about three big spoons of the broth from the Stew. Stir and combine to the pot. This will thicken for a nice gravy base. Cook until the spuds and carrots are tender and easy to cut.
- Remove from the campfire and serve with come campfire bread.