Shredded Beef Enchiladas
This a great way to make Shredded Beef Enchiladas.
Credit: Siam Rimmer
- 1 Large Chuck Roast
- 4 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 4 Gloves of Garlic
- 6 Cups of Water
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- ½ Cup. Canola Oil
- 2 Large Can of Red Mild Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Can of Green Whole Chilies
- In a large pot add your roast, salt, pepper, water, garlic gloves. Slice your tomatoes in 1/4 and add to the pot. Cut up your onion into 1/4 and add to the pot. Bring the boil and for 1 hour and turn down heat and cook for another 3 hours on medium low. If you need to add water check each hour and add only 1 cup. During this cooking time the water will evaporate which is fine.
- During the last hour, open the can of green chilies drain off all excess juices and dice into small pieces and add to the pot. Turn off heat and rest the meat mixture which should be broken down and easy to shred with a fork. If you want, you can remove the garlic gloves and toss.
- Strain the meat and place in a bowl. In a medium frying pan add the Canola Oil and bring to hi heat.
- Add one corn tortilla at a time until it just begins to float and remove from the oil to rest on paper towel. Repeat this process until all tortillas are cooked for 1 minutes.
- In a large flat pie pan add ½ of the Can of Red Mild Enchilada Sauce. Take a cooked tortilla and dip and flip on both sides. Take a 9 x 13” cooking dish and place tortilla on the bottom.
- Take about ¼ Cup of the Shredded Beef mixture and place in the middle of the tortilla and then roll up placing the folded end to the bottom of the pan.
- Repeat all 12 tortillas. I place 6 per row then top with the rest of the Red Enchilada Sauce over each filled tortilla.
- Bake at 375 degrees in oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the Oven and sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top evenly and rest for 10 minute before serving.