Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Credit: Siam Rimmer
- 4 Cups of Fresh Broccoli Cut Up
- 1 Minced Garlic Glove
- 1 White Small Onion Diced
- 1 Cup of Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- ½ Cup of Cooked Sliced Applewood Bacon
- ¼ Cup of the Applewood Bacon Fat
- ½ Cup of Butter
- 6 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Cup of Water
- 3 Cups of Sharp Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Pepper
- Cut up Broccoli, Garlic, Onion, Carrots, Celery and set aside.
- Cut up your Applewood Bacon about 6 Slices and cook in a small frying pan. When cooked remove and rest on paper towel.
- In a large Soup Pot add the ½ Cup of Butter and ¼ Cup of the Bacon Fat. Add your Onion, Garlic, Celery and carrots. Bring to high heat and begin to soften the veggies.
- About 4 Min add your Broccoli and stir. Add your cream and pepper. Bring all ingredients to a boil and stir, then add your water. Turn down to Medium low and simmer for about 10 Minutes.
- Stir to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add your Cheese and stir until soup comes creamy turn down low for another 10 minutes and then remove from heat to rest.
- Serve in a bowl and add Bacon on top with extra cheese or crackers.