Credit: Siam Rimmer
- 1 stick of Frozen Butter – grated
- 2 ½ Cups of Self-Rising Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- ½ Cup of Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Chives
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- THE BUTTER MUST BE COLD.
- Pre-Heat oven to 475.
- In a mixing bowl add butter, flour, cheese and chives.
- Toss together with your hands.
- Add the cold buttermilk and mix about 15 stirs with a folk.DO NOT OVER KNEAD.
- Dough should be moist and cold.
- Flour a counter top and place biscuit dough on top and sprinkle small amount of flour on the top of the dough.
- Roll out in rectangle and fold in ½ repeat 5 times. Then roll out ½” and cut out with biscuit cutter or you can use a cup.
- Place on cookie sheet side by side.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush melted butter on top of flaky biscuits.