Credit: Siam Rimmer
- 1 stick of frozen butter – grated
- 2 ½ Cups of Self-Rising Flour
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- ½ Cup of Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- THE BUTTER MUST BE COLD.
- Pre-Heat oven to 475. In a mixing bowl add butter, flour and cheese. Toss together with your hands. Add the cold buttermilk and mix about 15 stirs.
- DO NOT OVER KNEAD. Dough should be moist and cold. Flour a counter top and place biscuit dough on top and sprinkle small amount of flour on the top of the dough.
- Roll out in rectangle and fold in ½ repeat 5 times. Then roll out ½” and cut out with biscuit cutter or you can use a cup.
- Place on cookie sheet side by side and back for 10 – 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from oven and brush melted butter on top of flaky biscuits.