Big Mamma’s Sweet Potato Pie
All I can say is heaven…perfect for the fall season.
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 2 Cups of Sweet Potatoes – baked, peeled and mashed.
- ¼ Cup of Butter Softened
- 14oz sweeten condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. Orange Peel
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pie Crust: Rimmer’s Red Barn Pie Crust
- Heat Oven at 350 degrees.
- Rinse off your large sweet potatoes and folk them and wrap in tin foil.
- Bake them in the oven for 30 min or until soft to touch.
- Remove the skins and smash the sweet potatoes until all lumps are gone.
- Set aside to chill.
- Then when the sweet potatoes are chilled place them in a mixing bowl
- Add the butter and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sweeten condensed milk, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg, salt and vanilla. Beat for about 15 mintues to make sure creamy texture.
- Pre Pair a Pie Crust – Rimmers Red Barn Pie Crust.
- Pour mixture in a pie crust and bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool and Serve.
- Top with Whipped Cream and Dash with a little bit of Cinnamon.