To all the Irish Families well need I say more..
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 5lb Chuck Roast
- 6 Strips of Bacon
- 1 Large White Onion
- 6 Carrots
- 5 Celery Sticks
- 2 Gloves of Garlic
- ½ Fresh Parsley
- 1 Small Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Can of Guinness
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp. salt
For Spuds: Fluffty Mash on Rimmer’s Red Barn under Sides / Spuds
- In a large frying pan add the bacon and cook until done. Remove and chop into pieces add to a large crock pot.
- In a large bowl add the flour, pepper and salt.
- Take the Chuck Roast and season both sides well with Salt and Pepper. Then cut into 1” pcs. Dread in the flour and place the meat into bacon fat in the frying pan. Cook until brown on both sides then place in crock pot.
- Rinse off the Celery and cut into 1” pcs and add to the crock pot
- Peel the Carrots cut off the ends and cut into 1” pcs and add to crock pot
- Dice up the onion and add to the crock pot
- Crush the Garlic Cloves and add to crock pot.
- Rinse of the Fresh Parsley and add a bunch into the crock pot.
- Add the tomato paste, chicken broth and bacon drippings into the crock pot and the bacon. Then add ½ Can of Guinness drink the other half.
- Stir and turn on HI setting for 8 hours.
- Remove the Lid and stir and Serve alongside Mash Spuds