Black Beans are a favorite when it comes to side dishes.
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 2 Cups Dried Black Beans
- 1 Ham Hock
- 1 Medium Diced White Onion
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt & Pepper Flakes
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Rinse off dried black beans and separate the broken pcs and clean
- Add to a large pot and cover with water at least 1” above the beans.
- Add ham hock, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, jalapeno pepper.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil for 1 ½ hrs.
- Turn down to medium low and cooked for 5 hours until meat comes off ham hock bone.
- Check every hour in case additional water is needed. Water must stay ½” above beans at all times. If need add water and continue to cook
- After the time is up remove from heat.
- Serve into a bowl and enjoy.