Coffee Cake is served best with a tall glass of ice milk.
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- For the Crumb Mixture
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cups of Butter Softened
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- For the Cake
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 ¼ Cup Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Sugar
- 3 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- For the Frosting Glaze
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Milk
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- Carmel Topping
- Pre – Heat Oven at 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the Crumb mixture and mix well until mixture is crumbly.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the eggs, butter, and sugar.
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder and vanilla and mix for a smooth batter.
- Pour ½ of the batter in the pan, sprinkle some of the crumb mixture over the top.
- Take the rest of the cake batter and spoon over the crumb mixture.
- Add the remaining Crumb mixture to the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 – 60 Minutes – test with a knife/ comes out clean the cake is baked.
- Let it rest and cool for ½ hour.
- In a small bowl add the Powder Sugar, Milk and Cinnamon and Wisk for a smooth Glaze
- Drizzle over the Cake / Drizzle Carmel.
- Cut and serve.