This is my favorite Donut of all time.
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 2 Cups of Granny Smith Apples Peeled
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 4 Cups of Canola Oil
Drizzle Cinnamon Frosting
- 2 Cups Powder Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- ¼ Tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ Tsp. Cinnamon
- Pre – Heat Oil to 370 Degrees in a Large Deep Iron Skillet
- Peel and Core the Granny Smith Apples. The cut into Slices. Cut slices into 1/2 “pcs. and place in a bowl.
- Take the Lemon and pour over the apple pieces and mix.
- In a large mixing bowl add the egg, milk and sugar mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix together well.
- Fold in the apples to the batter.
- Scoop ¼ Cup of the Apple mixture into the Temp Oil. Cook only 4 at a time.
- Cook Fritter for 3 Minutes or until golden brown then flip and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and place on a cooking rack.
- Pre – pair the Drizzle Frosting.
- When Apple Fritters are cool drizzle the Frosting over the Donut.
- Set aside for the Frosting to dry for about 10 * 15 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy.