The perfect Onion Rings
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 1 Large Walla Walla Sweet Onion
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup of Corn Flakes Crushed
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Vegetable Cooking Oil
- In a large Deep Iron Skillet add the Oil and turn on Hi – Heat.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, salt, pepper and beat until eggs are beat well.
- Peel the Large Walla Walla Sweet and cut into ½” ring slices then separate the Onion.
- In a small bowl add the flour, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp of pepper and combined well.
- In another Bowl add the crushed Corn Flakes.
- Take a single Onion ring and coast inside and out with the Flour mixture.
- Then dip into egg mixture and make sure to coat inside and out.
- Then add to the corn flakes and make sure to coast both in and out sides.
- Set aside on a tray until all the onion rings are coated.
- Take a drip of water and add to the Oil if it bubbles a lot then the oil is hot enough to use.
- Slowly add one onion ring at a time to the grease.
- Cook until the Onion floats and is Golden Brown.
- Remove and place on paper towels to Drain off excess Oil.
- Stack Rings by Size for a Tower and Serve with some Siracha Aioli Sauce.