Barn Yard Finger Licking Good!
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 1 Whole Chicken Cut Up
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. Favorite Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp. Season Salt
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tsp. Onion Salt
- 3 Cups of Crisco
- Rinse off the Chicken and add to a large Bowl.
- Season with 1 Tsp. Salt & 1 Tsp. Pepper on both sides of Chicken.
- Add Buttermilk and Hot Sauce make sure all Chicken is covered with Buttermilk.
- Cover with Chicken in the Bowl with Tin Foil and refrigerate for 24hours.
- In a large Cast Iron Frying Pan add the Crisco and heat to 350 degrees.
- Remove the Chicken from Refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, 1 Tsp. Pepper, 1 Tsp Salt, Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, Paprika, Season Salt and mix together.
- In another medium bowl crack, the eggs and add water. Beat for 3 min until mixed.
- Take piece of the buttermilk chicken and add to flour mixture cover well and shake off excess flour.
- Then add the chicken to egg wash and flip both sides.
- Then add to the Flour mixture and cover again both sides. Shake off excess.
- Set on a baking sheet. Do rest of the Chicken until all are covered with mixtures.
- Take 1 pcs at a time and add to hot oil and cook for 13/ 14min for Dark meat and 10/12 min or white meat. Do about all dark together and then do all white together.
- Remove from oil and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.