Cheddar Sharp Biscuits
Homemade By: Siam Rimmer
- 1 Stick of Frozen Butter – Grated
- 2 ½ Cups of Self-Rising Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Cold Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 475.
- Grated the Cold Butter and place in Freezer for 15 Minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the Flour, Baking Powder and then Butter.
- Toss together with your hands to make sure mixed well.
- Add the Cold Buttermilk and mix about 15 stirs with a fold. DO NOT OVER KNEAD.
- Dough should be moist and cold.
- Flour a counter top and place biscuit dough on top.
- Sprinkle small amount of flour on the top of the dough.
- Roll out in rectangle and fold in ½ repeat 5 times.
- Then rollout ½” and cut out with Mini Biscuit Cutter or you can use a Shot Glass.
- Place on cookie sheet side by side.
- Place in Oven and Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush melted butter on top of flakey Mini Biscuits.